TOUR OPERATOR TESTIMONIALS:
“The Torphichen Inn is a rare treasure. A delightful cosy pub situated in a fascinating historic village. The hospitality is fantastic and the food is excellent. The owner Kenny could not be more charming and welcoming.”– Chris Tremlett, Trafalgar Tours
“As a venue and as a host I have no hesitations about recommending the Torphichen Inn and Kenny Craig to anybody. On my current UK trips Kenny is by far the most interactive host who engages with our guests which they love.They are treated as individuals not a mass package with everyone being greeted at the door by Kenny who proceeds to take fantastic care of them till the night finishes.If only all venues were so good.”– John Barleymen, Trafalgar Tours
Why not treat your tour guests to a wonderful evening of Scottish hospitality and entertainment in this delightful Scottish Inn, here in the historic village of Torphichen? Make the Torphichen Inn an optional venue for your tours. We guarantee you and your guests will not be disappointed.
On arrival, you will be met by the village bagpiper, who plays a selection of Scottish songs, old and new, as guests make their way into the Inn.
A complimentary welcome drink is offered in reception, before staff begin taking diner orders. Dinner consists of a three course meal, followed by tea or coffee.
Our menu is entirely made up of traditional Scottish fare, and all meat and fish is locally sourced.
Your host for the evening, Mr Kenny Craig, owner and landlord of the Torphichen Inn, will entertain and amuse with facts and anecdotes about the historical background of the Inn, and the importance of the village of Torphichen in Scottish history.
Kenny will then ‘Address the Haggis’, a tradition begun in the 18th century by Scots poet Robert Burns, in which a cooked haggis is piped into the room, addressed with lines of Burns verse, then offered up for guests to sample. As they say, ‘when in Scotland!’
Live Scottish folk music is performed during dinner, and a full bar is open throughout.
After dinner, your guests will have the opportunity to see the famous ‘Tam O’Shanter Murals’, a unique series of wall paintings created for the Inn by local cartoonist, Greg Moodie, and our gift shop has a selection of cards and books for souvenirs.
The evening concludes with a visit to the grounds of the historic Torphichen Preceptory, an 11th century building with links to both The Knights Templar and William Wallace. (NB – during winter months the Perceptory visit may need to be brought forward to make best use of all available light).
- The typical evening will run from 7pm to 9:30pm
- Daily: Monday to Friday
- Weekends in 2017 by prior arrangement
- Venue capacity up to 120
- A special price of £30 per head is in place for 2017
- A special introduction evening for the tour operators will be held in April 2017 to give the operators the opportunity to experience the ‘The Torphichen Inn, an Evening of Scottish Entertainment’ for themselves.
- For 2017, we are suggesting ‘The Torphichen Inn’ as an optional venue for Tour operators
- A minimum of 1 weeks’ notice is required to book guests in.
- Additional notice will be required for weekends.
- Tour Directors and drivers will receive complimentary food and drinks.
- The Inn can tailor the evening specifically for your needs, and we offer a special ‘Outlander’ evening inspired by the books of Diana Gabaldon.
Have we inspired you? Then please contact the Entertainment team to book your place on the 6th April 2017, and arrange for your guests to enjoy a wonderful ‘Evening of Scottish Entertainment’. We look forward to seeing you! Contact us now:
Telephone: 01506 652826
Mobile: 07541 310475 (Kenny Craig)